TekCrib - Minova Global
TekFill Family of Products
Crib/Void Filling Cements: High-Strength Filling (>10 MPa)
The TekCrib concept is a non-combustible, simple and innovative supplementary roof support system requiring minimal installation time. Cylindrical bags, 27” or 30” diameter, are secured to the mine roof and are subsequently filled with a foamed cement.
The TekPlacer unit, specially designed by Minova, combines the TekSeal® powder with air and water, producing a cementitious foam. The foam is typically pumped a distance of 1,000 ft., although much longer distances are possible, especially when pumping down surface boreholes. The mix begins to gel within minutes of discharge and cures to a final strength, ranging from approximately 400-800 psi. (Contact Minova for information).
- Safety – Offers less exposure time in questionable situations and areas; less heavy work involved
- Ease of Use – Ideal for difficult to reach areas; material handling is substantially reduced and the fewest possible man hours are required
- Variable Strength – Available compressive strength ranges from approximately 400-800 psi
- Simple – Crib bags are secured to the mine roof using “pogo” sticks, powder actuated fasteners, spads, tie wire then pumped full between the roof and floor
- Full Surface Contact – Conforms to irregularities on the roof and floor and is not affected by point loading forces (unlike wood and fiber cribs)
- Installation Speed – Field and test data correspond to show an average installation rate of roughly (15) cribs per hour (30” dia. x 6’ height)
- High Strength – Typical peak strength is 150 tons with similar residual strength; good yield typically at least 16” of convergence is achieved
- Customized Strengths – Contact Minova for information on achieving other strengths